Intermittent errors occur when using 3-tier mode in WebI Rich Client and DeskI (ZABO): Error: A Database error occurred. The database error text is : (CS) "CORBA Initialization failed" (WIS 10901) or An internal error occured while calling 'processDPCommands' API. (Error: ERR_WIS_30270)
Error: ‘A Database error occurred. The database error text is : (CS) "CORBA
Initialization failed" (WIS 10901)’ while refreshing WebI report in WebI Rich Client.
- The reports however can be refreshed in Infoview
- If the same user logs into WebI Rich Client or DeskI 3-tier on another machine, the
reports can (sometimes) be refreshed properly
Additional Detail on Root Cause:
- This issue is caused by the CMS and ConnectionServer session management becoming out of synch
- The CMS loses 3-tier session information, causing it to believe the session no longer exists
- This is exacerbated by load on the CMS or ConnectionServer, so the behavior is intermittent and not easily reproducible
- The quickest ways to solve this is restarting the connection services through the cmc. Users need to login again, otherwise the error remains.
- This issue is addressed in XI 3.1 Fix Pack 4.1 and Service Pack 5
SAP KB ID: 1452319, ADAPT: ADAPT01275372